Saturday, January 16, 2016
Lately, I've been trying to create portfolio quality pieces weekly (or in the best fashion possible). Earlier this week, I made a piece based on Metal Gear Solid 5. This time around, I'm going to show my process for my latest illustration. Now, the image on the left is a piece I did about 3 years ago. It's time to make something better!
I started out with a rough drawing which led to a happy spot. I really like how his facial features were coming.
Eventually, I got his hair which was a blast to draw. My next problem was dealing with the background.
It was a happy accident but rubbing ink on my palms and then stamping the background made for some interesting textures. Which then lead to the finale!